Thursday 26 September 2013

Just When You Thought......



I bet you were all thinking.....she hasn't done another blanket.  Well I have!!  Still unblocked, hexie with straight edging, and a custom order.
































































As I type this blanket is on the blocking board.  I was a bit iffy about the border on this one.  Unlike the two other hexie blankets I've done with my invented straight border, here and here.  I decided I didn't want little flecks of colour in the border so I had to be a bit inventive again....In the end I went with a HDC border with a little wavy edging.  Once it's all stretched out, a little relaxed and all soft and drapey I might be a bit happier with it.....but it's bright and colourful and that is the main thing.

I'll pop up some more images when I'm done.

Hope you're all well.



7 comments:

  1. Oh that is lovely! I love all of the colours and I especially love the few neutrals you threw in that match the background, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I always like to throw in the neutral ones....makes different pockets of light and dark. Vx

      Delete
  2. It's lovely, I bet it's gorgeous and soft too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Su, this yarn is organic Australian merino wool....and it's like butter and so warm. We do wool very well here in Australia. Vx

      Delete
  3. So beautiful... I am now impatient to start my next hexie blanket - this time with a gorgeous neutral too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, They are all read and very much appreciated. Except for spam, they're reported to blogger and google+ Vicki x